City of Kirkland
Posted August 27, 2020
$25.10 - $31.46 per hour
Are you searching for a career opportunity in Public Works Maintenance and Operations? Do you have the drive to be a part of building and serving a community that is experiencing significant growth and development? Consider joining us at the City of Kirkland!
The Utilityperson position performs manual labor and operates “light” equipment for maintenance or construction of the City’s water, sewer, streets, and storm drainage systems. Current position openings will be assigned to work in one of the Operations and Maintenance Divisions of the Public Works Department.
• Performs work site activities related to street maintenance and vegetation control; such as temporary and permanent asphalt patching and concrete work, vegetation trimming and clean-up.
• Performs work site activities related to sewer system maintenance such as repair of sewer mains, pumping stations, and appurtenances.
• Performs work site activities related to water system maintenance of mains, valves, hydrants, meters, PRVs and appurtenances; reading meters, repairing hydrants, installing water services
• Performs worksite activities related to storm drain system maintenance such as repair of mains, catch basins, detention/retention facilities, and natural stream channels.
• Conducts flagging to control traffic while road work is being accomplished.
• Must have a High School diploma (or GED) and minimum of one year utility construction or maintenance experience.
• Good working knowledge of common hand and power tools.
• Possess and maintain a valid Washington State Driver’s License.
• Possess and maintain current Class A Combination Driver’s License (CDL) with air and tanker endorsements or must obtain within 12 months of date of hire; training paid for by the City but testing and licensing fees at own expense.
• Must obtain and maintain certified flagging card within six months of date of hire; training provided.
• A current, valid Class A CDL with air and tanker endorsements
• Public Works municipal experience
• Drinking water distribution system operation and maintenance experience
• Storm water drainage systems experience
• Asphalt paving and patching
Current position offerings:
• Streets and Grounds Division
• Surface Water Division
• Water/Wastewater Division
This offering denotes multiple position openings dependent on concurrent internal advancement.
Hiring rate may vary based on qualifications. Salary range placement is with a full benefit package: 100% paid medical/dental/vision premiums for employee and dependents, deferred compensation plan, 2x annual salary life insurance, vacation and sick leave accruals, paid holidays, ORCA card, transportation incentives, free onsite parking, and access to City-owned workout facility.
FOR MORE DETAILS AND TO APPLY, GO TO GOVJOBSTODAY!