Posted August 22, 2019
Pay Range: $20.77- $26.53 an hour**
Job Types: Full-time, Non-FLSA Overtime eligible, permanent
Department: Planning and Compliance
Location: Tumwater, WA
Reports to: Director of Field Operations
Closes: Open until filled
** Pay dependent upon qualifications
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Understand or willingness to learn meter installation, meter box resetting/replacement.
• Understand or willingness to learn basic plumbing concepts.
• Ground maintenance including the use of lawn mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, pressure washers and hand tools.
• Desire and ability to work in all types of weather.
• Ability to perform skilled labor.
• Provide manual labor support to field staff including, but not limited to digging, installing water meters and carrying up to 75 lbs.
• Operate work trucks in picking up and delivering materials or supplies and collecting and removing debris as assigned.
• As directed, perform facilities maintenance, pressure washing, and painting.
• Proficiently and safely operate all assigned equipment and vehicles to perform operations within the capacity of the machine to accomplish required work.
• Work in accordance with District and generally accepted industry safety practices.
• Responsible for keeping vehicle and equipment clean and in good working order.
• Responsible for ice and snow removal for all PUD offices including monitoring the weather forecast, and coming-in early and on weekends and holidays prior to normal hours and salting, shoveling and plowing in a self-directed manner.
• Must possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Must be team oriented.
• Must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
• Must be able to deal with irate or disgruntled individuals that will require the use of conflict management skills.
• Must be innovative and have the ability to explore new techniques.
• Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the general public.
• Ability and willingness to be on-call, and work if needed during evenings, weekends and on holidays.
• Must have the ability to work in small spaces for extended periods of time.
• Must have the ability to drive up to 200 miles or more a day and frequently enter and exit a vehicle and walk, up to a mile, on uneven, steep or marshy terrain.
• Must be able to work dexterously using multiple hand and power tools for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to work standing, sitting or lying down for extended periods of time in all types of weather and temperatures.
• Must be able to work both independently and in groups.
• Must maintain a safe driving record and be able to serve as the primary operator of a District owned vehicle.
• Other duties as required.
To be considered for this position, please fill out an application at www.ThurstonPUD.com and submit a letter of interest, resume and references. Please email your completed application packet to Ruth Clemens at email@example.com or mail them to
1230 Ruddell Road SE
Lacey, WA 98503
You can also drop applications off to the address listed above.
This job positing will remain opened until filled.
For questions or other information related to this recruitment, please contact Director of Field Operations Jim Campbell at (360) 357-8783 x120. Prior to employment, a criminal history background check and reference checks will be conducted on the top candidates. The District is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains policies for a drug-free and smoke-free work environment.
CLICK HERE FOR FULL DOCUMENT