Utility Systems Technician
City of Redmond
Posted November 19, 2020
Salary: $67,068.00 - $87,180.00 Annually
Accepting Applications through 11/24/2019
The City of Redmond is a thriving, culturally diverse community and home to over 66,000 residents. Redmond is the hub to an array of commerce and industry ranging from technology, aerospace and gaming to biomedical and innovation start-ups.
The Public Works Department is responding to the growing needs of the City. The fast-paced nature of our municipality drives innovation and efficiency. The successful candidate will possess strong values that align with the City's values, which include being welcoming, having integrity, showing accountability, and demonstrating a commitment to service. Additionally, the ideal candidate should find satisfaction in providing exceptional customer service, and thrive in a collaborative, high-volume work environment.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of:
• Practices and procedures relating to the repair, maintenance and operation of industrial process equipment.
• Electrical systems, pumping equipment, check valves, motors, transducers, generators, variable frequency drives, motor starters, solid state soft starts, and pressure reducing and other control valves.
• A/C D/C power control and signal circuitry with emphasis on process measurement and instrumentation.
• Instrumentation and control, telemetry, SCADA, PLC programming, and field devices.
• Water system hydraulics, treatment equipment, water metering system, and online water quality monitors is advantageous.
• Skills and Abilities:
• Trouble shooting and repair with the following: water treatment equipment, instrumentation and controls, telemetry, A/C D/C power control and signal circuitry, pumping systems, motors, generators and security systems.
• Ability to work in water system environment
• Able to program, maintain and record documentation on automated systems & PLCs.
• Willing to work at heights on water storage tanks.
• High School Diploma or equivalency
• Minimum of three (3) years of experience in operation, maintenance and repair of industrial facilities in any of the following areas: industrial process control systems, distribution, collection and treatment systems, pump stations, industrial treatment plants, electrical/power generating plants or three (3) years of journey level experience in water system operation and maintenance, two (2) years of college course work in industrial plant maintenance, electrical, hydraulics, programmable logic controllers, or similar desirable,
• Or any satisfactory combination of experience and training that demonstrates possession of the required knowledge, abilities and skills.
For more information and to apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/redmondwa/jobs/2624592/utility-systems-technician